My brother in law, Ross, got engaged on Christmas day. He flew down to Mexico City to ask Nora's parent's permission. Then after Christmas they flew back to Utah and then to Oregon to spend New Years with us and Chris' parents. We had a great time and it gave me a chance to plan a really nice dinner which is something I love to do.
New Years Eve Menu
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Steamed french green beans and sweet white corn
Garlic infused rice
Cranberry Orange relish
Banana Splits with Pineapple Brown Sugar Topping
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Steamed french green beans and sweet white corn
Garlic infused rice
Cranberry Orange relish
Banana Splits with Pineapple Brown Sugar Topping
The table looked like this:


Then we ate and the food looked like this:

And we were happy:

The rest of the evening was spent playing games. We played Slide 5 and Ticket to Ride. They are both new games that the girls and I gave Chris for Christmas and are really fun, especially Ticket to Ride.
Then after everyone else went to bed around 1 a.m. Ross, Nora, Chris and I stayed up until 3 a.m. playing 3 Dragon Ante. A game that is super super fun.

Happy New Year everyone. How did you spend your New Years?
Then we ate and the food looked like this:
And we were happy:
The rest of the evening was spent playing games. We played Slide 5 and Ticket to Ride. They are both new games that the girls and I gave Chris for Christmas and are really fun, especially Ticket to Ride.
Then after everyone else went to bed around 1 a.m. Ross, Nora, Chris and I stayed up until 3 a.m. playing 3 Dragon Ante. A game that is super super fun.
Happy New Year everyone. How did you spend your New Years?
21 comments:
We hosted our 8th annual New Years party held at our church. NO invitations, word of mouth only, everyone is invited, and welcome to invite more. Lots of food, board games (3 different tables at once), sports in the gym, then 4 other rooms. Rm.1 Projection Rockband on PS3, mingled with sing star 80's; rm2 big screen tv rockband on the wii, rm3 movies or another wii with video games, rm4 halo2 networked with 2 screens. It is such a blast with something for everyone. My fav guest this year was Michael Higgins and his family. He happened to come visit us on Mon (pretty out of the blue) and we invited them for the party. He said, "so if I don't see you again before next new years, we will DEFINATELY see you then, that was so much fun".
Your dinner looks fabulous, I envy your skill. And we love 'ticket to ride' it's a fun one. Now I will have to check out the other one you talked about.... I've never heard of it. Happy New Year!
Looks like so much fun I'm so excited for Ross & Nora! I'm glad you had so much fun! We had a quiet night we made homemade pizza and then watched some Mythbusters and read some stories with the boys. Then they played some Wii. Then the boys went to bed and Bruce and I watched a couple of movies. It was nice! :)
Umm, is that a tag still attached to your napkin? ;) Super cute table! YOu know, when I come out you can always plan another party. Like a yah, my sister is coming to visit me for my birthday and other various reasons party!
Krista, no those are not tags attached to my napkins. There were chocolates on top of the napkins and placecards at the top. Not sure which one you are referring to.
And of course we will have a special dinner for you. But is it a dinner for you or for me for my birthday?
Happy New Year to you! I am just now getting caught up on reading my friends' blogs after not reading any for a few weeks. I love reading about all your adventures and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to NYC. We are in Medford now, visiting Dan and Ann and family in their gorgeous home they have been building for 3+ years. For New Years Eve, we played Guitar Hero with everyone and I barely stayed awake until midnight. Today we had a yummy breakfast, the kids went to the movies, and we've been just hanging out. It's been great!
Fun! What a beautiful table and a delicious looking meal. Congrats to your brother in law! Exciting times! Happy New Year to you and yours!
Oh, Darilyn! I SOOOO need to come up with some fancy reason that we need to come to your house for a fancy dinner. :-) That looks AMAZING! And the games sound fun, too. We are in serious need of some fun games. I'll have to put those on the list. Last night Michael was trying to fenagle Outlook to do something it didn't want to and I was laying on the couch, not feeling very well, reading the new Nursery manual. Ha! At midnight Michael yelled out "Happy New Year" and I didn't even feel well enough to get up to give him a smooch. Hugely lame!!
Sounds like you guys had tons of fun, Ticket To Ride is one of my families most favorite games we also enjoy the Europe Edition of the game.(a little tougher and more involved)James had to work so I had a quiet night at home, we hope next year he will be off work. Happy New Year!
Your dinner looks so yummy. Congrats to your brother in law.
As you saw on Megan's blog, we did Brecken dancing.
The food looks so good! Looks like a fun party.
Bryan had to chaperone a multi-stake church dance, so the kids and I played Uno and Swap and watched the Bee Movie before celebrating the "new year" at 8:00. Then they went to bed, and I watched 27 Dresses and read before falling asleep at 11:15. Exciting, huh?
Why can't Ross just wait until The picture is taken because you can tell his mouth is full.
Sounds like a great evening!!!!! We held our first party in quite a few years at our house. We had 20 people here and it was a blast!! We played "Mafia" and "Psychologist". They are both new to me and tons of fun!
Ticket to Ride is our family's most favorite game!! We just got the 1910 expansion pack and the Europe version. My brother has the Marklin edition. Now we just need to find the Nordic edition!!!
ps- is the Micheal Higgins mentioned in Gusti's comment the Micheal from Coos Bay?? I seem to remember a guy by that name. Could be old age messing with my memory, though. :-)
That food looks so good! I am totally craving chicken cordon blue now.
Happy New Year to my dear friend! What an elegant table you prepared. And congratulations to your brother-in-law! And I love Ticket to Ride. That is the funnest game!
HOw fun! It looks wonderful! I love love love the game ticket to ride!
What a great new years! That dinner looks beautiful! We played group games like balderdash and mad gab until 1:30 and had cheese and chocolate fondue. Then I had a stomach ache all night :0) Luckily everyone slept in until 10:00! Happy new year, D!
That dinner looks SOOO yummy!
Just today I was using a pampered chef item I bought through you and thought of you.
You are such a fun party planner. What a lovely spread. Glad you had a fun New years.
Gorgeous table! Your china is so pretty. I LOVE old china. It is one of my favorite things! The food looks amazing. I am a sucker for chicken cordon bleu. It is divine! You are so creative and I like it:0)
beautiful table and that plate of food looks delish!!
hmmm, a new game for us to try! of course we love ticket to ride! last weekend some friends brought the marklin version of ticket to ride over for games and we liked it better than the us version that we have! we have learned several new games since moving here and they are all so fun! we are addicted gamers, i think! our new favorites that we got for christmas are puerto rico and power grid. if you haven't tried them, you should! you and chris will love them!
happy new year!
Post a Comment